Energy audit of compressed air systems
From the marketing perspective, one of the main components of a modern company competitiveness is the effective use of available resources. Traditionally, energy resources that companies consume are electricity, water, heat. Not many of them pay due attention to compressed air, and this energy resource in the modern workplace is five times more expensive than electricity. Today there is an opportunity to make your company more competitive just reducing costs of compressed air production.
Using modern diagnostic systems and modeling our engineers can:
— Search and eliminate the leaks of compressed air. The first thing to begin with and what will bring a tangible instant result is actions on search and elimination of leaks, and these actions should be systematic (at least 2 times a year). This allows you reducing the production cost of compressed air by 15-30% (depending on the system approach, the type of actuators, their amount, expanded efforts and time to eliminate).
— Measure the actual system parameters for compressed air production and delivery to the consumer (output, pressure, required to produce the resources). Ukrainian enterprises often practice careless approach to the compressed air production and consumption. The owner pays great attention to the cost of the equipment at the stage of purchase but forgets to monitor the appropriate maintenance. Thus, compressed air is often used not for production needs, but, for example, for blowing a workplace and uniforms.
In such cases, to understand the current situation of consumption it is necessary to use actual data instead of design parameters.
— Using a unique software to simulate the necessary changes in the system. At the same time, no matter what equipment (manufacturer, control system) for the production of compressed air you have installed. The software in calculations relies on physical volumes, such as system pressure, current strength in the circuit, time, etc.), and not on the data of the compressor controllers. Thus, for example, you can add additional consuming or producing equipment to the virtual system, which is a copy of your existing one, to track parameters and fine-tune the future system at the stage of making the decision on the need of making the purchase. Or you can change any system parameter (output, pressure) and configure it to save money on production. So, in other words, we can help you make the right choice of compressor equipment or compressed air lines configuration. We can anticipate the load which your new equipment will give on the entire compressed air system.
– We can provide the current resource consumption report with graphs and simulated consumption schedules after the changes offered. The report includes the equipment operation graphs in relation to the production cycle of your particular production. The data of the report can be correlated with the already available data of the technological processes (APCS) automated control system.
– We can upgrade and optimize the piping system of compressed air. The potential savings are from 2 to 10%.
– We can install and put into operation the control system for compressed air production at the enterprise, which allows saving. This system takes control of the entire compressors fleet (regardless of the manufacturer) and ensures the most effective operation. Thus, the optimization of starts and stops leads to the fact that idle time is reduced to 2% of the total operating time, which saves both power and money of the owner for the compressors maintenance. Also, the installation of the system allows reducing the operating pressure in the system, which also leads to significant savings. As you know, reducing the pressure of compressed air by 1 atmosphere gives energy savings of 7%. The ability to maintain two or three pressure ranges depending on the production phase will achieve additional savings.
Any additional sensors can be added to the control system – pressure, temperature, state, electricity meters, flow meters, dew point sensors, etc. All data can be transferred via Modbus Protocol into the existing enterprise system of APCS.
- Introduction of the accounting systems of the compressed air production and consumption. Installation of compressed air flow meters on the main collector and separately for each group of consumers will give the opportunity to timely react to changes in the compressed air consumption, constantly monitor consumption and take timely measures.
- We can select and install a system of compressors thermal energy regeneration.
Oil/water heat exchanger system and thermostat. The oil in the compression chamber is heated to a temperature of 100C, so is not a difficult task to heat the water to a temperature of 50-70C.
Additional thermostat controls the circuit of the cooling water and in the case of its absence, it switches the compressor to air cooling. Hot water can be produced continuously while the compressor is running and can be used for any household needs.